Monday, July 9, 2007

My Gossip Bench

makes me happy.

Back in the day, my grandmother had a Gossip Bench sitting in her front hall as the home for the only phone is the house. While living during a time of, 'We were lucky to even have a phone!' it makes perfect sense that you would have a specific place set up to make and take calls.

There was something I always loved about watching Grandma sit at her Gossip Bench and talk to her girlfriends. Well, I only had to mention that to my mom and BLAM!, two weeks later she found me one at a garage sale. FYI, my mom is a Garage Saler Extraordinaire.

Although, being the owner of three home phones, two of which are cordless, I have no need for a Gossip Bench, I, nevertheless, have a fond apprecation for them and still find it the best seat in the house for...well, gossiping!



"What do you mean it wasn't a lunch bump?"



"I really liked the Interpol concert too, but the TV On The Radio concert is still my number one of '07 thus far."




"HUH!?! If you're telling me you didn't like Transformers...well, we just can't be friends anymore!"


Oh! While we're talking foyer furniture be sure to check out the video below to see how the side tables next to the gossip bench came to be.

No comments: