Monday, August 20, 2007

Having a 'Class Act' for a Father

makes me happy.



In every society, there are "human benchmarks"-certain individuals whose behavior becomes a model for everyone else - shining examples that others admire and emulate. We call these individuals "class acts." Dan Sullivan

I recently read this quote in Jack Canfield's The Success Principles, and the first person that came to mind was my father.

Jack goes on to explain that 'class acts'...

* Live by their own highest standards - check!

* Maintain dignity and grace under pressure - check!

* Increase the quality of every experience - check!

* Take responsibility for all actions and results - check!

* Strengthen the integrity of all situations - check!

* And, Increase the confidence and capabilities of others - check!

So, what I'm saying here is, I'm a pretty lucky girl to grow up with a role model like that. And even luckier that my father continues to learn and grow into a better human being everyday. No doubt he's aware - he's actions speak louder then words.

Okay, blah, blah...I love my dad. Now here's something funny.

While looking for the above photo of my dad and I, I stumbled upon these little gems in the same roll...



Here, I'm sure my father is thinking, "Man that kid takes a lot of photos!?!"




And here, I'm thinking, "Quick, someone do something interesting that I can take photos of, because I'm ALMOST bored of taking photos of myself and the fishing knife.



Thank you Kevyn for stepping up.



And, thank you Sandy, for naturally being funny. "That's a WHA?!?"

Happy Birthday Dad.

No comments: