Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Never Waiting

makes me happy.



This is the thing about waiting. If I were to spend my days waiting for the subway, waiting for the kettle to boil, waiting for Cashius to go poo or waiting for Kevyn to come home I'd miss the ONLY true thing we ever have...the present moment.

Instead, I'll get lost in a book, I'll delight in a spoonful of Nutella, I'll marvel the gentle majesty of the willow trees or write my husband a love note.

It was, in fact, on the subway that Eckhart Tolle taught me this powerful lesson with his insightful words in 'The Power of Now.'

Life was never the same after that ride.

4 comments:

i am playing outside said...

that photo is beautiful. i think you've been getting more beautiful the longer i've been reading!

Mint Julep said...

I really enjoy your blog.
Thanks.

i am playing outside said...

Is October 10th the day that Weeds comes back? I always miss the episodes when they air, so I have to download them, and then I realized that new episodes after the 5th of this season haven't been up, so I guess they're on a bit of a break?

TravelGretta said...

Adorable - and you are channeling Jean Shrimpton.