Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tuning Out to Tune In

makes me happy.



Often, when I'm looking for answers - I run a bath.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a Pisces and I have a thing for water.

For me the bathtub is an ideal place for not thinking. And, not thinking, is exactly what I need to do when I need answers.

Like most of you, thoughts race through my head ALL DAY LONG. Therefore, when I'm looking for an answer to something that is very important to me, the last thing I need to be doing is thinking about...'Where are Britney's underpants and why didn't she perform her VMA routine 'Full Out?!?'

And that's hard to do at times, especially when one of my favourite fellow blogger's, Gretta , makes thinking about these questions so damn entertaining.

I regress. So while in the tub, I simply tune out and create as much space as possible between my thoughts. It is then, in the gap, when the most truthful, lucent answers come.

And then I smell good too.

2 comments:

TravelGretta said...

But the important issue here, is can you now explain why Britney did not go Full Out? And why she later did go Full Out with no underpants?
Why?

Effortlessly Average said...

I rather dig a nice hot bath myself, but it's where I go for the solitude to ponder a new story or just read one from someone else. When I need "answers" I find the best place for me to be is outdoors, someplace secluded, where I can gain the perspective of how I fit into the big world.

This is my first comment, btw. Love your outlook on life!