Monday, October 1, 2007

Keeping My Deal With Myself

makes me happy.



You may remember back in the beginning of September, I decided to sit down and have a 'Back to School Talk' with myself.

Let me take a quick minute here to explain what a Back to School Talk means to me, as I believe some of you may have surmised that I was actually GOING back to school.

For some, January 1st is the ideal time to set personal goals, change dysfunctional habits into purposeful ones and to get back in tune with living their best life. For me, it's the Tuesday following Labour Day weekend that gets me all fired up. Now I'm sure these feelings, about this Tuesday in September, were cultivated when I was a student, looking for a successful beginning to the school year ahead. Whereas now, as a student of life, it's simply the time to Get On The Right Thing.

As a result of said Back to School Talk I hung up my Riedels and hopped on the wagon for the month!

Well, almost the month. As we had a baseball team get-to-together planned for yesterday, the 30th, I knew, from attending the same event last year...



that this would be the quintessential end to my abstinence.

And I was right, the...



friends...



fun...



frolic...



and execution of fundamental 'Supermodel Skills' proved to be ALMOST as pleasurable as...



FULFILLING my deal with myself!

3 comments:

TravelGretta said...

Congratulations! Did you reward yourself with those darling red wedges (in addition to the wine & cheese)?
Keep doing what you're doing sister.

i am playing outside said...

ahh very nice! i like your idea of a back to school talk! although i will actually BE back to school for another year or two, so i can't start that sort of thing just yet. although really, i kind of have that kind of talk with myself all the time. sometimes, that talk works better than others, but that's ok.

landis said...

alright. that is so cool. your blog makes me happy, truly it does.

and your bf is ridiculously hot.

just sayin. . .