Thursday, May 29, 2008

241

makes me happy.


Back in February, Deepak Chopra's The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire, fell into my lap - care of one amazing husband who is always there to support his wife's recently acquired addiction... reading.

One evening that February, on the subway home from work, I read the chapter Role of Coincidence which begins with...

To talk about coincidences as coded messages from the nonlocal intelligence makes life sound like a mystery novel. Pay attention, watch for clues, decipher their meanings, and eventually the truth will be revealed.

followed by a little bit of...

Once you can see and interpret the coincidences, your path to fulfillment emerges.

and kept me hooked with this...

And the more unlikely the coincidence, the more potent the clue.

Needless to say, I was digging it. So when I reached my stop, closed the book and stepped onto the platform, you can imagine my senses were heightened.

"Where's my signs?"

"Show me the sign."

"I'm ready for some signs!"

At first nothing popped out at me. There were the bricks and the yellow stripes. The advertisements and the escalator.

And then... as I walked up the stairs... laying there all by it's lonesome... pink as a baby's bottom... BOOM! A transfer with the numbers 241 jumping out at me.

241? 241? What could that mean. For months I've been trying to find my connection to the number 241.

Well ladies and gentlemen, today is my 241st blog and let me just say, so far the day has been filled with the most wonderful, personally tailored lessons, about myself and life in general, that I needed to be conscious for.

I clued in last week that today was going to be the my 241 Day, and boy, am I glad I did.

I had no idea what was going to happen today but, having the foresight to be present, awake, alive and conscious, allowed me to learn things today that I otherwise would have never been able to... and the day's only half over!

I like this game... let's play it again.

Oh, and the photo?

I just love that smile.

4 comments:

Life is Wonderful said...

Sounds like an interesting book. I am going to see if my library has it!

Style Noir said...

You would absolutely love Unexpected Miracles: The Gift of Synchronicity and How to Open It by David Richo. Such a beautiful expression of natural law-- pick up a copy today!

Style Noir said...

Just checked-- the latest title (more salable, I presume) is The Power of Coincidence: How Life Shows Us What We Need to Know.

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

What a great post! I, too, believe that coincidences are so much more than that (much eye-rolling from my husband and sons...)

Kudos to you for your seeking and your openness and your discoveries!!