Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Kindred Spirit

makes me happy.


Cashius had a girlfriend over this weekend.


Oreo!


She really wanted Cashius to play with her.

Cashius was so-so on that idea.




But little Oreo was not taking no for an answer.


I could almost hear her channeling the likes of John Quincy Adams -

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."



I also kinda thought I heard her quote this Japanese Proverb on one of her run by's...

Fall down seven times, get up eight.


Here I think she was all like... 'You know Cashius...

The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.'



And she believed Edison had it right when he said...

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.



After all, Oreo knows..

There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream.



Ah, persistence!

Yeah, I'm never throwing in the fun towel either Oreo.

4 comments:

Step Right Up said...

Mr. Sheik's girlfriend is a Boston, too! Peggy Sue is the flower girl to his ringbearer come August. I think our guests are almost more excited to see them at the wedding than us!

TravelGretta said...

Both adorable, and inspirational! Go Oreo!

Anonymous said...

Stacy,

Lil' Oreo's aerial display, along with Cash's total chagrin has me SMILING to my toes.

Give 'em hugs, LOTS of hugs,
:-)
Jean

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

What a great series of photos. I love Cashius' cool, calm demeanor. Yet I also love the philosophical zooming spirit of Oreo.

The perfect yin/yang.