Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Last 87 672 Hours

make me happy.


Ten years ago today Kevyn became my main squeeze and we began playing this game of Life together.


I had pulled out these old Polaroids, from our first few months together...



with a plan in mind to share our sappy love story...


and blow you away with all the funny coincidences that lead up to our meeting - including the story of this photo taken about 5 minutes before I spoke to Kev for the first time.


I thought I'd amuse you with these gems of us painting our first apartment...


and the fun and games that all to often ensued.


But, due to a late night bronchospasm had by yours truly, which found me doubled over on the front stoop gasping for air, in the same fashion you might if you were breathing through a straw while King Kong sat on your chest - all the while listening to my husband slowly meandered up to the toilet and back to the bed - I'm just not that into it

I'm not feeling the love. Even writing that was hard - but true. I coulda died yo!

Still, I know there is a reason the Universe sent me this anniversary lesson...


and I'm not ready to give up and pack it in over one night of complete disregard for my life on the part of one, normally, extraordinarily loving and compassionate husband.

Just the opposite in fact. I'm packed, primed and ready to party for another ten!

10 comments:

lotus07 said...

Kevin with the blonde hair.....jeez, that is too much.

On a more somber note. Polaroid stopped making film in February. Future generations won't have keepsakes like these to stuff in their closets....tisk, tisk, how sad.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Hey good stuff! Here's to another ten years of playing together!

i am playing outside said...

oh my god i love you both more than is normal :D haha

Suze's Sass said...

Oh great pictures! Happy anniversary you two. I've never seen a better couple!!

landis smithers said...

good for you.

if he does it again, call me.

i'll kick his ass. or something.

maybe not "kick". it is cute.

something. that will make up for the disregard of our darling's vie.

poobomber said...

What made me happy tonight: reading your blog!

Great work!

Barbara said...

This brings me great hope! My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years July 21st. You guys look so young!

Gretta said...

Congrats on a decade of good times!

gilda said...

i love your polaroids. they look so fun.

step right up said...

May other couples have such a life as yours!