Thursday, June 12, 2008

Veritas

makes me happy.


Last night Kevyn's brother Dave invited us down to his restaurant Veritas for a special Local Farmers Dinner they were hosting.


The event was a wonderful collaboration of like minded farmers, wine makers, cheese producers and restaurateurs who all have strong ideas and beliefs about creating and enjoying local sustainably harvested foods.


So we ate...


and learned...


and ate...


and drank a wee bit too.

It is my opinion that this way of thinking about, and producing, food and drink is the way of the future and I'm so very proud of my brother-in-law for creating a place where all this positive energy is translated into the most delectable dishes.

Good on ya Dave!


7 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I love this new trend of sustainable restaurants and local foods. I think it really sparks some creativity. Looks like it was a wonderful evening.

Barbara said...

yum! Just catching up on your blog. We have babies in our bird house right now too - so does my mom. Must be that time of year. Hope you are great.

B2 said...

Is his restaurant open to the public now, or was this just a special preview?
Would love to check it out sometime. LMK.

Sean said...

It sure looks like you have the best life ever. What a wonderful attitude I read from your blog.

Suze's Sass said...

Wow, dinner looked wonderful. Great idea about local foods. I always try to buy my fruits and vegetables from local farmers.

Ian said...

I walked by yesterday afternoon around 4:00 and saw the sign on the door, and thought "I wished I had known about this".

BTW Kev, I sent you an e-mail about an inexpensive golf tourney on Monday morning, which is when I believe you normally play.

Hope the event was a success, and that there will be more.

Rice and Beans Vintage Clothing said...

The food looked amazing. Yummm..we are lucky to have a lot of local produce in our restaurants here in Maine as well.