Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not Always Willing

makes me happy.


This is what I've been thinking about lately.

You know when you're interacting with someone who is being negative, angry or self-righteous and you feel that same sort of bad energy begin to build within yourself?

Those are times when their ego is inviting your ego to come out and play.

Here's the thing, these days, all the cool kids Just Say No!

We're on to you Mr. Ego. You over promise and under deliver.

Participation in your indignant and smug sports have never been amounted to anything more then a lukewarm kind of feeling. And yet without you... I'm glowing all over.

8 comments:

Gretta said...

My mom says I'm not allowed to play with Mr. Ego. He's pretty sneaky, but I'm getting really good at telling him to fuck off.

=D I said the "f" word!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I'm so glad I have you as a daily reminder to be more positive. It's funny, because just when you're interacting with someone who is being negative and you feel that bad energy begin to build within yourself, if you are interacting with someone positive it has a similar effect.

But I think the positive effect is more powerful.

Lorrie Veasey said...

Are you sure it's Mr. Ego because I always thought it was his evil twin. Mr. Id. But what do I know, I skipped most of psych 101 to sketch out plans to rule the world.
(insert manaic laugh here)

Inarticulate Fumblings said...

Know I've been MIA and that this comment has nothing to do with your posting... but... in case you're interested, our travel blog is up and running while we're away. Peace - IF

www.ahopskipandajump.blogspot.com

Twisted Sister said...

I'm not going to lie, when I first began reading your blog I thought you were nutso.

But I change my mind, you made me smile and I can dig it.

Thanks for sending out positive vibes. I'll be back...

glamour girly said...

I love, love, love this post. Thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

You are exactly what I needed. I am so inspired to be, live, and love better. I'm going back to the beginning to read all of your blogs. Thank you so much for the inspiration. You and your hubby are amazingly beautiful inside and out.

Caren Cooper said...

I love this post! I teach yoga (and pilates) and I will probably reference it (and your site of course) in my next class. I believe we can all make room for more positive energy in our lives...and getting rid of the ego is a great start.

Thanks for providing daily inspiration.