Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Time

makes me happy.


Yesterday at work I continued sharing my thoughts about winning the lottery with my barback Kevin (not my husband Kevyn - my other Kevin).

For those of you who don't know, a barback is to a bartender what a pit crew is to a driver. Not only do they constantly replenish all your beer, booze and glassware, if you're a female bartender they will often be the first one to jump in and tell Mr. Obnoxious where he can take his lewd and rude comments and shove them. Without the barback the show cannot go on, but I regress, this is a whole other post onto itself.

So when I asked Kevin what winning the lottery would mean to him he replied with a single, yet extremely profound, word... TIME.

I've been saying this for years - who wants things when you could have time!

Time to spend with friends and family. Time to enjoy nature. Time to play sports and take photographs. Or in Kevin's case, time to make music.

Those crazy barbacks, helpful AND enlightened. Who knew?

1 comment:

B2 said...

where are you bartending now? What's Kevyn up to?
B2