Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My High School Reunion

makes me happy.


This past weekend my high school celebrated it's 50th anniversary.

There were, without a doubt, parts of high school life that I loved... track and field, the drama club, playing in the band, outdoor education, a handful of brilliant and dedicated teachers and a smattering of classes here and there.

Yet, I'm not really one for living in the past when - each and every morning I that I've woken up since high school graduation I've been blessed with this wonderful gift called The Present.

But when my sister Kelly suggested we check it out AND bring our husband's along for the ride I thought - giddy up!


Off we went to cheer on our beloved Richview Saints under the Thursday Night Lights...


complete with Cheerleaders and a marching band...


it was so exciting Kevyn could barely even hold his camera still.


Two nights later we grabbed the boys again and headed off to another event,


an evening gala where we had the chance to catch up some of our favourite teachers, friends who don't use Facebook, and...


the leader of our country.


That's correct, The Right Honourable Stephen Harper graduated from the same high school as Kelly and I, and decided to pop by and join in the celebrations.

How's that for some good times - eh boys?


Throw a wedding in between those two events and then begin making your way home where...


chilling in the basement suddenly begins to feel like a meditation retreat in Nepal.

What a weekend!

4 comments:

Kat said...

I love the sound of a high school football game.

B2 said...

You two (+ kelly and Sandy) are awesome. What a great group of shots at the reunion and wedding.
Hope you all had a great summer.
ay hi to your mom and dad for me.
~B2

i am playing outside said...

Congrats on the 50th... that's fun!

I think the next thing my high school will celebrate would be in 2036... the school's 150th anniversay. CRAZY! I'll so be there.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I feel the same way about chilling in the livin room these days. Not a bad problem to have though!