Wednesday, September 3, 2008

That Spark Deep Inside Me

makes me happy.


For my dad's 60th birthday we decided to have a backyard Luau Party!


Everyone between 90 years...


and 9 days was welcome to attend.


Looking at the photos I took, I'm thinking everyone was pretty happy.


But to be honest with you, I wasn't all that concerned with whether they were or not.


Because it is my opinion that NO ONE has control over anyone else's state of happiness,


and I think it would be simply egotistical of me to assume otherwise.


Now don't get me wrong...


I LOVE to provide people with opportune settings for happiness,


but how they choose to feel in each and every opportunity is 100%, completely up to them.


Not to worry.


I feel the exact same way about my own happiness.


There is not a single person whom I believe has control over my happiness.


Why would I hand that kind of power over to anyone else?



May I humbly suggest...


that happiness is not a fleeting emotional state, perhaps...


at our core, it's who we are.

May your next 60 be even better then you first daddy-o!

No comments: