Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ella

makes me happy.


Ella is Len's mom.


Len was our dear friend, the one on the right, who passed away while playing hockey with Kevyn three years ago.


This past weekend Emma, Dave and myself drove an hour and a half out of Toronto to celebrate Ella's 80th birthday.


Emma was engaged to Len at the time of his passing...


and in a whole other post, which I might title 'A Most Beautiful Love Story,' someday I'll tell you how we believe Len sent Dave to Emma for her happily ever after, but that's not today's story.


Today is about Ella, whose fourth adoption saw her bring home our boy Lenworth.


Ella, whose love is so strong, whose smile is so big, and whose ability to spread joy knows no bounds.

Ella, who brings out the best in everyone.

Ella, who, without a doubt, is a personal marker of how to live my best life.

6 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

This was a lovely post, and I can't wait to hear that love story.

Suze said...

What a remarkable post!

justme said...

that was such a good post. now i can't wait to hear the story, part 2

Barbara said...

This made my day; a great reminder of how we should be thankful. Thank you.

designerman said...

died while playing hockey? wow - that's horrible. time for a gratitude moment...

Tim said...

Thank you for for this... I was friends with Len in elementary school, he was like a big brother to me even tho we were the same age. Somehow he always seemed more grown up than the rest of us. He was the best friend ever, unfortunately when we went to different high schools we lost touch.I didn't even know he had passed until i found the "Friends of Lenworth Chapman" page on Facebook a few days ago. He loved playing hockey, i remember many evenings playing steet hockey into the darkness with Len. He never wanted to go home even when we all were going to get in trouble because the streetlights has come on and our parents were yelling for us to come in. Those were the best times. I am so sad that he is gone and i didnt get to speak to him one last time, but it helps to see what wonder friends he had. Once again thanks for this...
Tim