Monday, November 3, 2008

Cloud Nine

makes me happy.


I recently saw Bill Maher's movie Religulous.

For me, it was a laugh out loud kind of movie. Not so much for a good friend that I sent to see it. That's alright, it began a very interesting conversation between us.

I am not into any particular organized religion. I believe there wonderful messages in ALL religions and choose to live a spiritual life based on all of the books, passages, gospels and scriptures which have spoken to me, each in their own way, about living a life filled with joy and compassion.

So this friend and I got talking about heaven and hell.

He believes they exist in the afterlife. I do not.

I believe they abide within our minds.

Hell is living for your ego.

Heaven is living without your ego.

Proving my theory doesn't interest me. Turning a simple chore like raking the leaves into a heavenly experience does.

In which case, I would title this photograph from yesterday - Cloud Nine.

5 comments:

Adel said...

Amen Sista!

Gretta said...

Love it!

Darlene said...

Makes seeing the joy in the simplest things all the sweeter.
Taking religion out & seeing things at their basic level is a good thing indeed.They are what they are without any special interpretation. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Lovin' that movie! My wife and I went to see it for our anniversary. Bill Maher is so smart and funny.... :)
Tim

...love Maegan said...

I can't wait to see it. can't wait!!!