Friday, December 12, 2008

Light Bulbs & Sunlight

make me happy.


You know what I love?

I love when I've turned on some of the lamps through out my house because the winter's day began so overcast and grey that the extra illumination they provide was almost needed.

And then, around 10:30, the clouds blow over, the sunlight pours in - at the low angle that only happens in the winter - and for a few minutes both the lamps and the sun fill the room with a magical glow.

I have the same feelings in the late spring when the street lamps come on and the sun hasn't quite set yet.

Anyone else buying what I'm selling?

4 comments:

Maegan said...

lol. yes. ...love your decor as well.

i am playing outside said...

i GUESS i see what you're saying, but i'd rush to turn off the lamps, since now you're wasting power LOL

Kristen Gale said...

I am totally pickin' up what you're putting down - I love lamp light mixed with a little sun! Great post!

landis smithers said...

absolutely. our new place has "bamboo light" and dark dark walls, so lamplight and sunlight are almost always competing!