Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Balls Of Energy

make me happy.


I'm currently reading The Celestine Prophecy and at the part in the adventure where our hero is learning about the sixth insight.

Already conscious of the coincidences in our lives, from reading about the first insight, the timing of Reese and Noah's visit coinciding with this chapter of the book came as no surprise.


I find the theory, of the fourth insight, that humans try to compete and manipulate each other to steal energy from one another to feel powerful, rings very true to my experiences on earth thus far.

So, you can imagine how thoughtful I found the sixth insight as it explained specifically how we do this and to learn that these are habits we all acquired in our childhood.

Now I've always believed that our childhood plays a large part in who we become and how we behave as adults but, I've never been one to believe these habits and behaviours are irreversible.

Neither does the book. Instead it invites reader to 'reinterpret his family experience from an evolutionary point of view' and get clear about our own particular control drama's inception( be it the intimidator, the interrogator, the aloof or the poor me kind) and remain conscious of it.

Once that happens - 'our control drama falls away and our real lives take off.'


And what does this all have to do with Reese and Noah?

Well, from an evolutionary point of view, it appears to me, each generation of moms and dads is learning to inflict less and less of their control dramas on to their children and soon we will have learned to raise humans who don't compete and manipulate each other for energy.

Rather, they will freely and gladly exchange energy, with each other and all of the universe, with love and compassion.

Can you feel it?

3 comments:

Darlene said...

One word~ JOY. Pure, simple & really real. Doesn't get much better than that.

...love Maegan said...

I think I've read that book over ten times ...thus "Nothing is Coincidence"

adorable babies!

Cellar Door said...

Maybe, a few months ago, I would have said no, but now I say yes, I can feel it. It feels good.