Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Naps

make me happy.


I'm a napper. I love napping. I'm a Leo. Cats sleep for at least 16 hours a day. Cats are true Zen masters.

I think I could nap anywhere, anytime and anyplace. If they made napping an Olympic Sport, I would definitely be carrying the Canadian flag for the opening ceremonies.

I enjoy the energy boost that I receive when I awake. It's not the same when you wake from a night's sleep. I feel groggy, I drag my feet, I can't pay attention to anything for more the 10 seconds. But after a nap.. BOOM! I'm ready to go.

Stacy is not a napper. Although, in my eyes, she's perfect in most ways this is one area where she's let the ball drop. I think she struggles with the gulit of napping.

I was listening to Deepak Chopra on Sirrus radio a while back and listener called in to ask why it was that every time he tried to meditate he felt like he was going to fall asleep. Deepak was quick with this simple explanation, "Because you're tired, take a nap. "

Brilliant! It's okay to knock off a half hour or so when you're body is telling you that your tired - listen to it.

Once and a while, Stacy listens. It is on those days that I have the BEST NAPS EVER.

All this thinking and typing about napping... head... so... heavy... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuubv0000o,bhu566666666666666666666666666uwvbhuguvbtvzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I'm aslo an avid napper who married a non-napper. We're working through it ;)