Wednesday, February 4, 2009

On The Ball

makes me happy.


I still have a lot of trouble paying attention. I find, more instances then not, I space out.

Have you ever put the peanut butter in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard? Believe me I have. And I used have fits of rage about it. I turned into Mr. Furious from the movie Mystery Men.

Nowadays, I have a little laugh about it and try to use it as reminder to stay focused.

When I'm on the ball, the feeling of being present is overwhelming, everything is clear and in focus. I feel like an expert at whatever I'm doing at the time.

For instance when I'm working out, I focus on the muscles being used in the exercise, not just the rhythm of the exercise. Consciously feeling each one contract and relax, getting the very most out of what I'm doing.

Now when I have a space out, I remind myself that I'm a human being not a human doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought peanut butter goes in fridge and milk in cupboard....have I got it wrong all these years? lol!!
I've put newspaper into dishwasher, milk into freezer, went to put diaper into fridge one time thinking I was actually holding a bottle luckily was stopped by the hubbie who kindly asked "saving that for later hun" .
We all do it at some time or other...its fun.