Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Stacy Tree

makes me happy.

Up here in the great white north we have a hamburger chain called Harvey's. The gimmick of this burger joint is that they have an employee dress your burger exactly the way you want it.

So as a marketing campaign, a person would come in and tell them what they want on the burger and they named that burger after the person ordering it. For example - a burger fixed cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, relish, lettuce, tomato, mayo, hot peppers & a pickle on the side would be named The Kevyn Burger!

I do have a point here.

Stacy and I on to a little park filled with many trees. Some tall, some small. But there one, one special tree that always catches my eye.

It is like no other in the park. Not the tallest tree nor the shortest. Not the oldest or the youngest.

It is bold, strong, grounded and deeply rooted. Smooth, oh so smooth, with so many branches reaching up to the sky.

Marvelous in the spring, complete in the summer, graceful in the fall, and fit through the winter.

It's doesn't want to be the most flashy tree in the park, it just wants to be.

Just my kind of tree or, as I've so appropriately named it...

The Stacy Tree.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Your post reminds me of being a kid. My sisters and I had three rocks in Tahoe we used to lay on and they were each called our own.

Kristen Gale said...

Like, could you guys be anymore sweeter to one another, I love it. Such an inspiration to read about this kind of love. This is exactly the type of home all babies need to be born into! Love your love!

Gypsy Lynne said...

too freaking cute!! i love it.

last night my husband brought me flowers and champaign because i landed a job interview, which to me seemed like putting the carriage before the horse or however that saying goes. i almost cried.

i love nice husbands.