Thursday, May 7, 2009

Apprenticing To The Best

makes me happy.


Have I ever told you I don't like to nap? I'm all about getting a solid 8 hours at night and therefore not needing to lay down again until... well, the next night.

Not this guy though. No, I think I may have married some kind of professional.

Well, I don't know if it's because of the baby makings going on inside me right now or because of the kinda achy, crampy sleeps I've been having at night but, I have allowed The Professional to co-hoarse me into a nap or two as of late.

He loves it.

I still don't - and will try to avoid them at any length even if that means going to bed at 9:30pm.

Apparently I was putting out the 'nappy ' vibe when I was lollygagging around Lowe's this afternoon looking for drawer pulls and sand paper as The Professional asked me mid aisle if I'd like to take a nap with him when we get home.

"No!" I quickly to retorted, as the million things that I wanted to get done ran through may head.

"Well don't act like you need one then." was his response.

Touché.

So I tried... it didn't work. And now here I sit, writing this blog, listening to the gentle hum of The Professional and the dog sawing logs.

At least one of us will have energy to make dinner tonight.

5 comments:

Suze said...

Sadly, I can nap several times a day...always have.

Julie said...

how funny! my husband is all about naps too...he can fall asleep anytime, anywhere! it kinda bugs me sometimes because i feel like it takes away from our hanging out time. :)

AR said...

Must be all that dog walkin i seem to do when i'm there. Wait I'm rarely there, whats making him sleepy? Hmmmm.

AR

...love Maegan said...

lol ...I'm not a good napper either.

Barbara said...

I hate naps! They makes me feel worse and so lazy. The boyfriend can sleep whenever. It drives me insane.