Friday, May 29, 2009

Forgetting About Woulda Coulda Shoulda

makes me happy.


I've been off work now for a few weeks and have to tell you, I haven't got nearly as much done as I had planned to.

Aside from the fairly constant back pain that's slowed me down, I simply feel tired. I'm sure in part due to the fact my sleeps are all to often interrupted by trips to the washrooms, kicks in the organs, and shifts in position to ease pressure on my back and work out limbs that have gone numb - but, apparently making a baby in it's self is a tiring act, or so they would like me to believe. Who are they anyway?

Regardless, I don't like. I've always taken my health very seriously so that I'd be able to live a pain free, energy filled existence on a daily basis and these recent physical changes have left me with a feeling of loss of control.

It got to me today and I had a bit of a breakdown on Kevyn's shoulder. It's always funny discussing these kinds of feelings with him because he never feels them. As much as let likes to get things done and lead a productive life, when he doesn't, he's A-Okay with it. Never one to feel guilt about taking life at a medium pace or beat himself up for not being able to check everything off his to-do list in one day.

So you can imagine he had a few choice words for me about listening to my body and shutting up my head!

And with those words fresh in my mind...


I asked myself, "What would make you feel THE BEST right now?"


My answer, "Stepping away from everything I thought I should be doing and taking Cashius for a walk in Cedarvale instead!"


And that's what I did.

Enjoying the smells and the colours, the feel and the sounds.

Both my body and mind thanked me afterward.

I told them they should be thanking Kevyn.

4 comments:

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) said...

Woulda-Coulda-Shoulda
By Shel Silverstein

All the Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin' in the sun,
Talkin' 'bout the things
They woulda coulda shoulda done...
But those Woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little Did.

Suze said...

It's tough when your body isn't doing what your head thinks it should be. Enjoy - it's the baby saying "I'm cooking mom".

Barbara said...

I am the same way - always on the move. I'm not sure what I would do if I couldn't get things done and had to rely on others or even let them go. Just a few more months and you will be back to your fit self!

Jennie said...

You always share with us things that make you happy. I thought I'd share with you something that makes ME happy - Taking a page from someone else's book: http://bit.ly/zyoBA