Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What I Got Right Now

makes me happy.


Our softball league begins in less then two weeks.

I love playing softball - especially with this team of our that's been playing together for about 10 seasons or so.

The team had it's second practice this past Sunday and this was my view from the bench.

Don't feel sorry for me - I don't. Kev asked me afterwards if it was hard watching instead of playing... nope.

Now don't get me wrong, playing would have been great but, being as I'm almost 7 months pregnant, it's just not an option.

You needn't read many Buddhist teachings to learn how harmful unsatisfied expectations and unfulfilled desires can be to one's happiness.

Or as they so eloquently put it...

Want what you have and you'll always get what you want.

I want to have this baby and when it's time for me to get back on the diamond, swing the bat, run the bases, and catch the ball again - then I'll want to do that.

2 comments:

justme said...

fantastic! that is what i think of your outlook

...love Maegan said...

awe, beautiful! ...I'm definitely looking for a new positive book to read ...will be checking her out.