Tuesday, June 30, 2009

33 Weeks

makes me happy.



Kevyn here - just so you know.

So, being 33 weeks in makes me very happy! Perhaps not for the reasons you my be thinking, like - the end is near, or that I'm so excited to meet our little alien, or that I get my drinkin' buddy back soon!

No, what makes me happy about 33 weeks is the pride and joy I feel about the way my wife continues to conduct herself through out this pregnancy. Do you know, aside from the odd grumble about back pain and difficulty sleeping she never complains. It is possible this is because she has very little to complain about, after all we have been blessed with a very smooth and healthy pregnancy but, I'd like give a shout out and give credit where credit is due... Babe.

Not only was Stacy a picture of health leading up pregnancy, she never ceases to amazes me with her continued healthy habits.

Her days begin with a 45 minute long yoga routine, 30 push ups and a 5 km walk with her dad and the dog. At least 4 days a week she swims laps - currently up to 60 a day and often walks Cashius again in the evening. Of course, I still catch her randomly exercising, lunges across the backyard and squats while cooking dinner.

And then there's the food issue. If I were to believe so much of what I've seen and read I would have been convinced that a pregnant woman becomes an uncontrollable eating machine. Lucky for Stacy she's had some great examples of friends and family who had already proved this theory otherwise and she took that power and ran with it.

Sure her appetite has increased. And yes, we have a lot more cheese in the house then normal but, a bowl of fruit with some nuts and yogurt are still how she starts her morning 6 days a week. Lunch is still usually a salad or Seggs, and dinner more often then not is veggies or a salad with a nice piece of barbequed protein. More red meat then ever before has entered the picture but by more, I mean now we eat it once or twice a week (this change in habit I have had NO problem with).

I haven't once had to run out at midnight for pickles or ice cream, okay so we may have gone out for ice cream a few times, but it wasn't at midnight and I was as into it as her.

My point about all this is simple - Stacy has approached pregnancy exactly the same attitude she has about doing laps on a rainy day...


if it's not lightening - get in and get 'er done!

An outlook we can all learn a lesson from - if we're clear and able yet still choose not to live our best lives, well then... our excuses are our own.

And oh yeah, did I mention that Wilco (the Album)
dropped today...the dude abides.

8 comments:

AndreaD said...

What an amazing post! You two are incredible human beings. I'm really happy you two exist. I strive to follow in your footsteps. Thank you for spreading just joy and positivity. You are awesome! Thanks for writing a long post. I really enjoy being able to really get to know you two. ROCK ON!!

Bounty said...

First of all congratulation for your pregnancy hun! 33 it's a grat goal! I arrived on your blog randomly and I really liked it! You are right, you are ispiring people. I'm a mum of a little boy called Marlow and I really enjoy reading other mummy stories online. Have you already thought about the baby name? I remember I spent a lot of time on it, I found a good link http://www.bounty.com/babynames/ were you can search by meaning and popularity...Cant wait to hear your bith story, J and her little Marlow

Anonymous said...

love the post, love the love you have for her and keep doing what your doing Stacey because the baby may not be on the outside yet but your already caring for her and showing her love by keeping yourself healthy because shes eating what your eating. I was like this during both pregnancies and it helps the body afterwards to pop right back almost no work to be done. And more imprortantly my kids are thriving just like yours will. Take care and enjoy the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

god, she's perfect

...love Maegan said...

OMG YOU MAKE ME SMILE SO BIG!!! I love your belly ...and the fact that you are doing HIGH KICKS in spite of it ...so great.

Mike and Kate said...

Wow - you can really see the growth since the 31 week post a couple weeks back!

You look great! Not long now!

preppygoesrock said...

shes still hot!!!!
check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

jean said...

What a great post - the sort that triggers and motivates! Speaks volumes - even for us older, post-menopausal dames

Nothing says "love" like paying attention.

Lunging away,
:-)

ps: Stacey, ya da Bomb Momma! Keep shining!!!