Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dream Followers

make me happy.



As promised, some photos and videos from the awesome, and inspiring, weekend I had a little while back.

May I present to you, our dear friend Laura, in a performance I like to call Following Your Dreams!

For the eleven years I've known Laura she has always been able to sing and I've gotten her to belt it out every chance I get - my wedding, my mom's 60th, the bathrooms of bars when we're drunk, the hot tub... you get the picture. But Kevyn and I, like so many of her other friends and family, always encouraged her to do something more with her talent, to take it from the backyard to the bandstand.

"I will."

"One day."

"I don't have time right now."

Were just a few of the many excuses we've heard over the years as to why she wasn't able to get her act together, so to speak.



Alas, she finally did... and she rocked!

It was so wonderful and inspiring to watch her up on stage, rocking out, showing off that IT quality we always knew she had.

Although these short little videos I took with my still camera don't do her and the band's performance justice, I think you'll still get an idea of what a STAR our friend Laura is!

video

video

Couldn't be prouder of you Laura - looking forward to Act II!

2 comments:

preppygoesrock said...

this looks so cool!!!
check out my blog
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/
http://preppygoesrock.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

You guys are the best friends EVER! I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you for always believing in me and showing me how to believe in myself.