Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sharing His Energy

makes me happy.


The Sartorialist, aka Scott Schuman, made a stop in Toronto today for a little meet and greet at Holt Renfrew.

Now I'm not one for going nuts over celebrities, I've never hung out after a concert hoping to meet the band, or went to a premiere of a flick thinking I'd get to rub shoulders with a movie star - so it was a little outside my box to head down to Holts today to meet Scott (even though he does make me happy as stated in this post here).


This is the thing though, I don't think of Scott as a celebrity, although judging by the crowd today he certainly is one in his own right, rather I think of him as someone who has carved out an awesome career for himself by taking a leap of faith and doing what he loves.

It doesn't hurt that I too love some of the very same things - photography, fashion and blogging.


So when I found out he was coming to town, it made perfect sense to me to make the effort to meet the man, shake his hand, tell him how much I enjoy his work, snap a quick photo of him and Kevyn, and of course, share in some his fabulous energy that has got him to this point in his life.

Thanks for the energy boost Scott, all the best!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hey there! Long time listener, first time caller. I thought of you two yesterday when I read on the The Sartorialist that he was going to be in Toronto (especially after Kevyn's previous post), and wondered whether you'd go along. Love the photo of Kevyn with the foxy Scott.