Thursday, August 27, 2009

Half A Slice & A Whole Lot of Love

makes me happy.


At 12:02pm today, I had... breast fed 3 times, changed 4 diapers, struggled for 20 minutes trying to open a Playard for the first time with a baby in one arm, had Byrdie's clothing drawer vomit all over me (see above), as I searched for an outfit that actually fit (how can all 0-3mo sized clothing all fit so very different?), canceled an afternoon visit with Brandi & Jackson, reinstated said afternoon visit when I received Brandi's reply to my text informing her I was going insane watching a How-To video about using my baby sling while my child wailed every time I put her in wrong, offering to come over and help. Help? Yes I think that's exactly what I need right now.

And so I turned on the crazy, awesome playlist Kev made for Byrdie and I, loaded full of songs like this...



and finished the other half of the slice of orange I started eating before noon.


I farted around the house some more, accomplishing much more then I thought was possible with one arm, until Brandi and Jackson popped by and showed Byrdie and I how to use our sling.

Thanks friends.


Look ma! No hands!

Another day... another 10 new lessons.

Love and patience. Love and patience.

6 comments:

Baroness von Bloggenschtern said...

My unsolicited advice? Take the help where and when you can get it. These first few weeks are all about reliance instead of independance - that will come with time.

Diane said...

Okay, you had Byrdie, what, 7 days ago?!?!?! You look FANTASTIC. You don't even look like you had ever been pregnant or birthed a baby. Colour me all kinds of jealous.

JLa said...

I must say, you look absolutely fantastic! Good on ya!!

Mike and Kate said...

You look great!

I can totally relate to the part about finishing the orange slice. Where does the day go?! I used to wonder what I would do with myself all day while on mat leave. Who knew that taking care of a kid is such busy-work!

justme said...

my advice...and i don't have a child....ASK AND TAKE HELP! you look amazing by the way. i mean wicked amazing.

Suze said...

Aaah, welcome to parenthood :)