Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lightning

makes me happy.


If you're one of my many readers rooting for me to have this baby soon you may think I'm referring to lightening, also known as engagement, when the baby drops lower into the pelvis, a sign it's ready to go.


While that type of lightening would make be very happy, I have yet to experience it. Not only has the baby not dropped yet, today at my doctor's appointment I found out that the cervix isn't showing any signs of preparing for labour, and there is still plenty of fluid surrounding the baby - meaning, it's healthy and happy and ain't ready to go nowhere.


I've always thought parenting would be an exercise in patience... and so the lesson begins.

Back to the other kind of lightning, the one that lit up Toronto for hours on Sunday, the one that makes me happy today.

Not only did it break the oppressive humidity I was melting away in...



it was also super fun sitting on the front porch with Kev, trying to catch it with my camera.

I done did good, yes?

6 comments:

Suze said...

Yes, you done good.

Meghan said...

That lightening storm was magical. I'll let you in on a little secret... I have been chasing a boy for a good year or two now. He was over for dins with my family on Sunday. The lightening hit a tree in the front yard, a branch fell and smashed my brother's car, the fire department came, my whole family was running around like mad and boy and I snuck up to the guest room where I've been staying while my kitchen is being reno'd and smoocharama. Love storms. I sound like I'm about 14 yeah? Perfect. Felt just like.

Ingledew Invites said...

You did Great! hang in there, if the little one was here you probably wouldn't have the time to snap photos on your porch with your hubby!

Mike and Kate said...

My baby girl was born in the middle of the lightning storm on Sunday night - ON HER DUE DATE! That's gotta mean something!

Good luck with your upcoming arrival - hope the baby comes soon!

Barbara said...

keeping my fingers crossed!

Gwen said...

This comment is for the baby . . .

Hey, you. I know it's warm and comfy in there but you come out right now because we want to meet you and see what you look like and teach you how to blog. Come on. Come out. Come ouuuuuuut!