Tuesday, August 18, 2009

This Long Slow Day

makes me happy.


I got up this morning at 8:15am, did some yoga, walked Cash with my dad, and did my laps.

Hit the shower - Kev joined me, had some lovin's and then ate some cereal.

Did a few things around the house, found out someone had written this really nice post about Kev and I, received some very kind text messages, emails and phone calls.

We picked up Rob at the subway, popped by Home Depot and the grocery store.

I spent the rest of the afternoon chopping and cooking toppings to make barbeque pizza, while...


Kev and Rob worked away on a little project we're messing around with.


Of course I took breaks to photograph the all the fun that can be had with power tools,


and discovered Cashius doesn't share the same affinity for air compressor that Kevyn does.


The boys took a swim and then barbequed the pizzas up for the folks and I.

Rob, Kevyn, my mom and I played a game of hearts. Both Rob and Kevyn played beautiful control hands. Kev won.

The bugs came out. Mom went in. Rob went home.

Kev and I took a skinny dip.

Now we're going to rest before... the doctors induce me tomorrow.

What a beautiful day life.

17 comments:

Wondering Woman said...

Wow, it's finally just around the corner, tomorrow will be the Christmas present that lasts forever.

Diane said...

I absolutely love to read about your day, and your life. Thank you for sharing it.

I would say good luck tomorrow, but no luck is needed, so...have fun. I gave birth to my daughter 11 months ago and it was the most rewarding and spectacular experience of my life. I cannot wait to read about yours.

Anonymous said...

You are really inspiring, I love your blog! Good luck...can't wait for the good news!

AndreaD said...

Oh wow!!! Good luck Stacy. I'm sending you all the love in the world - here's to a speedy delivery. Muchos Hugs & love. I was so happy to post about you two. Thanks for linking me :)

justme said...

thinking of you three today! what a great day!

Barbara said...

good luck! Can't wait to meet the little one.

kate said...

Congratulations so many times over!
What fun! I can't wait to see the pictures.

I think that was a terrific day to wrap up your pregnancy.

Anonymous said...

Do you people ever work? Do you have real jobs?

Jennie said...

Can't wait to see The Best Baby Ever!!!

Gwen said...

Sounds divine, my dear.

Best of luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you all day. Verrry exciting times . . .

Suze said...

I'll be thinking of you and sending your warm thoughts!!!

Effortlessly Average said...

Woah, wait... you're pregnant!?

Geez, you go to prison for a while and everything changes. I guess what they said is true: the world continues to turn when you're "inside."

Effortlessly Average said...

By the way... that last was a total joke. Of course I kept up on the world when I was in prison, I just couldn't get use of a computer.

Effortlessly Average said...

Ok, ok... enough jokes.

I wasn't in jail. I just withdrew from the world for a while, you know, to re-evaluate where I was going and what I wanted to achieve. I'm happy for you both!

Mike and Kate said...

Anxiously awaiting news of your little one's arrival!

Good luck!

Manda said...

anxiously awaiting a update, read "you" every day :)

Anonymous said...

the suspense is killing us! Give us some baby news!! :)