Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Working On Mother Nature's Clock

makes me happy.



So... I'm still pregnant.

Saturday, Kevyn's birthday, the day I was hoping to have the baby, has come and gone.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit disappointed that the magic didn't happen on his special day - boy was I trying to will it - but, I got over it quickly.

What am I going to do? At this point it's all up to the baby and Mother Nature, it's their ride I'm simply just a passenger.



The good news is, Kevyn and I had a fantastic long weekend and birthday celebration. He managed to get the whole weekend off and the weather was glorious. We spent hours swimming, barbequing, playing cards, spooning on the outdoor lounger, and relaxing with friends and family.

All the wonderful ladies in my life, and so many of you lovely readers out there, who have had children, keep telling me to enjoy this time before the baby's arrival - get lots of sleep, savour time with Kevyn, and just TAKE IT EASY!

Well I finally took everyone's advice these last four days...



and really got into it! No feelings of guilt, no thinking I should be doing this or that, just hanging loose, floating around on a cloud of bliss.

Stellar suggestion!

6 comments:

Mike and Kate said...

I was due on my Dad's 25th birthday, so we could have been exactly a quarter-century apart in age, but I was 2 days late. A quarter-century plus 2 days is great too!

The818 said...

God you look amazing. My body is not holding up so well...

I don't know what I would do without the pool! It's a lifesaver for the cankles!

Suze said...

I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't a "WEE" bit disappointed not to see the baby :)

i am playing outside said...

These pictures are so cool! And you do indeed look great!

I've been following your blog for two years now [that's a long time!], and I am so excited that you guys are having a baby! I'm dying to see pictures!

justme said...

oh my gosh, when we hadn't heard from you a while, i thought, "They are having the baby!!!!"

i know....i haven't met you, likely never will, but after reading you for a couple years, i had a dream that i had met you and you had the baby.

SO exciting!

Summer said...

Just found your blog, and I'm already in luv!

Those pictures are amazing!!!

Good luck getting the baby out...I had to be induced both times. =) Which I LOVED!