Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My Gift

makes me happy.



I have spoke time and time again on this blog about living consciously in the moment.

The Power of Now and A New Earth both written by Eckhart Tolle are two of my favourite reads, and they have, without a doubt, altered the way I live my life in a very positive way by teaching me the value of just that - living consciously and in the moment.

While I thought these lessons had served me well before I had Byrdie, now I believe they are what will make the difference between just enjoying being a mom and F#%*ING LOVING IT!

From an outsider's perspective, if you broke down the typical day of caring for an infant it would probably appear to be quite a repetitive, boring routine. Eat, burp, poop, change, look around for a bit and shake the rattle, go for a walk in the sling and then take a nap, wake up and do it all again.

But from my perspective, the insider's perspective, if each moment of this routine is lived in the present, then each moment feels new and exciting. No doubt any child could also feel this difference in energy.

And that is why I call being present my gift - to Byrdie and myself.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hooray! Those books changed the way I live my life as well. I see what you mean...what I find so incredible is how they speak to me in a different way as my life changes. Thanks for your blog. My friends and I love it!

Tammy said...

Stacy - you rock!