Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Questionable Hearing

makes me happy.


Tell me if this happens around your house - your partner will say something to you and you know you didn't hear the whole statement exactly as was articulated so you repeat it back to them, as best as you had discerned it, as a question?

For example...

Kev will be sitting at his desk, working on his computer and I'll ask, "What are you doing?"

He may respond "Paying the utilities."

Unsure of exactly what he said I'll question, "Playing with the manatees?"

And that gets him mad... really mad.

"Really Stacy? You really think I'm playing with the manatees?"

Rage.


Needless to say I was pretty darn excited when I heard a similar exchange happen between a couple in a clothing store a while back and for some reason, these photos reminded me of it.

Her - "I'm going to go try these on."

Him - "Sure."

Her - "Kay, wait for me."

Him - "Get away from you?!?"

Her - same angry look Kevyn gives me!

Me - make eye contact with the guy and we both start laughing.

Her - more mad.


Funny sh*t I know!

Oh and Kev - don't act there's never been any playing with manatees around these parts before.

4 comments:

i am playing outside said...

so very true, and you are making me laugh. Darryl probably thinks i'm crazy right now.

justme said...

OMG, you guys crack me up...but only because you sound exactly like us.

Adel said...

Very funny... all the time.. Also another one for us is "the inside voice" You know you've repeated something twice and they act like the conversation never happened.. " You didn't say that! your were using your inside voice" I like to call it "selective hearing"

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Oh we have that problem big time in Eisenbergia- I thought of this: http://www.bergwithfries.com/2008/09/confusing-moments-1-of-4719.html