Friday, October 2, 2009

A Routine In Progress

makes me happy.



Alright, so all the passing on lunch dates, declining of dinner invites and the general sticking close to home this week, in an effort to try and establish some sort of routine for The Byrd... has been paying of.

Last night after our bath routine, she went down in her crib at 8pm and didn't make a peep until 1am when she woke up, ate, and went back to bed. 4am, same thing. 6am, same thing. 8:15am, up and at 'em!

And then... AND THEN... this morning, she went down for an hour and fifteen minute nap in her crib, with no tears or complaints, and I had my first opportunity to hit the yoga mat!

Oh how wonderful!

I have been doing yoga at home, 5 mornings a week, since January 2005, so you can imagine how I might have been missing it these last six weeks... terribly. I even told Kev yesterday that I thought I injured my knee while sleeping the other night - clearly a result of not doing yoga.



Anyhoo - I'm by no means getting cocky, thinking I've got this whole baby thing figured out. I know there will be more tears - from The Byrd and myself. And as my dear friend Marla (pictured above from this fun evening), who has a 3 year old and 5 month old, said to me today...

"We (moms) are always walking a fine line."

Indeed we are. Like little tightrope walkers. Constantly trying to find balance.



Yet today, today I feel like my t-shirt in the photo (from this fun trip) above states...

Queen of The F#%!ing Universe!

Man did I ever put the exclamation point to good use in that post!

4 comments:

marlac said...

that's right stac. today you are the queen! and today is just the beginning. byrdie is going to keep working on her sleep skills...and 3 years from now she'll be working on her yoga poses along side you. noah has been practising eagle pose and saying "yoda" at the same time but not able to hold it long enough for a picture....YET! its awesome. sidenote: having 24 hr entertainment around for charlotte is priceless. raising kids is such a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy... Glad to hear that things are looking up. From my experience, it gets better and better. At three months it's a lot easier and by six months things are awesome. I have a trick that worked really well for Sarah (who was very fussy) that you might want to consider trying. Swaddle her up tight and you sit down. Place her sideways in your lap so that she's facing a wall. Sway your knees from side to side and let her suck on your finger. Worked like a charm for me, and you can watch tv. while you're doing it. Good luck! I love your posts...Nicole K.

Barbara said...

I'm glad you got to do yoga. Things get put aside when anything (dogs, kids, animals) become a responsibility. Glad you are figuring out YOUR routine. Enjoy...

Mike and Kate said...

Still trying to get into a routine with my eight-week-old. I've just started to change the bedtime routine (to get her to bed at 9ish instead of midnight) and what d'ya know? My daytime routine is shot to hell!