Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Laci Foxley

makes me happy.


While we're riding high on this magnificent flow of energy, I want to share the Laci Foxely with you. (It's the thing on my head!)

The idea for the Laci Foxley came to me a few summers back. As usual I was doing a ton of swimming and every time I came out of the pool I would think, 'I wish there was something I could do to tame this mess of wet hair on my head.'

Wet ponytails just look flat and jock-y on me. Straws hats get uncomfortable after a while and don't really make sense once the sunsets. And blowing my hair out between every dip in the pool is simply NOT an option.

And that's when I began wearing my twisty shower towel around the backyard, like this...


which I preferred over all other options.

While it was super comfortable it certainly wasn't super stylish.

And that's when it came to me. How about I take the twisty towel a step further and make it double sided. Soft, absorbent terry cloth on one side, with a fun, whimsical pattern on the other.


And there we have it... The Laci Foxley!

Props to my aunt Nina for helping with the design and sewing, and props to Adel (that's her with me in the middle photo) for naming it. Laci Foxley is a play on my name that my girlfriends have been calling me for years.

Also, to answer a few inquires and emails I've received about the frames... they range in price from $20 to $60, yes we will be opening an Etsy shop soon, but if you live in the Toronto area and are interested drop me an email and we'll set something up for you to check them out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ive been using the towel you describe for years and years....its the turbi twist. already invented in diff names too

Suze said...

But how much for the beer?