Thursday, January 7, 2010

Conclusive Communication

makes me happy.


Kev and I have come to learn that 99% of all mis-communications we have between one another boils down to a misinterpretation of the other's tone.

I find it amazing how the slightest variation in pitch or intonation can cause our minds to misconstrue the simplest of sentences into the severest of criticisms.

Which got me thinking that, if I'm ever unsure of the meaning behind Kevyn's tone - I'm going to make the most positive of assumptions about it rather then the most negative.

And with that decision came the one to apply this skill to everyone and everything this year.

Assume the best and attract the best. I'm telling ya - 2010 is going to be a good one!

3 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I am soooo working on that! Assume the best! Sometimes I forget.

i am playing outside said...

i LOVE Kev's hair in that pic!

and i think we ALL need to do a little more in the department of taking comments positively, or at least getting clarification before getting upset over a possible nothing.

Nutritios Meg said...

We struggle with this too. I always tell Fitz that it doesn't matter what he's saying I can read what it means by his tone. A large percentage of communication is non-verbal; it's not what you say, it's how you say it. So we both have stuff to work on: me assuming the positive, and Fitz on his delivery.
Thanks Stac