Thursday, January 21, 2010

Q & A's

make me happy.

We've recently received some very kind comments and emails from readers who wanted to let us know they appreciate what we're doing over here and that our words speak to them.

Thank you. I don't say thank you enough to our dear readers. This blog is a labour of love, I would continue to write it even if I was the only one reading it. Still, there's no denying how great it feels to learn that our words and photos may have been a bright spot in someone's day.

I also want you to know I do a lot of my email, comment, and blog reading at night, in the dark, while I'm feeding The Byrd. So please forgive me that I haven't been connecting back to you as quickly or as often as I should. Rest assurde, I'm always out there, reading and appreciating.


As I always, anytime someone drops me a line with a question in it, I try to answer it here, on the main page, just in case anyone else was wondering, and while the lights are on.

So yesterday, Anonymous left a comment wondering... How is it that you came to embrace your "life philosophy" (i.e. happiness is a choice)? And how did you decide on careers that gel with your beliefs?

Well, funny enough, my journey upon the Happy Rail actually began with a stop in at Complain-y Station. Sometime in my late twenties I grew really, really tired of listening to other people complain. Seriously, it used to drive me up the wall. It got so bad that Kevyn began to call me the Complainer of The Complainers.

Around the same time I grew to learn that it's impossible, really IMPOSSIBLE, to change anyone else... and there is a lot of energy wasted when we try.

Nevertheless, my desire to change the way I felt around complainers remained. And that's when I began to understand that the only place any, and all, change will come from is within.

If I wanted to change the way a felt about a situation, I had to change the way I thought about a situation. Say what you will but, the moment I changed the way I felt, and handled, being around complainers was the same moment the complainers disappeared from my life.

And that was all the proof I needed, to know, that all the power we need to live our very own best lives resides within ourselves. I am 100% responsible for my own happiness.


Okay, I'll have to get back to you with the second part of the question 'cause, I've got a lot to say about that but, someone wants to play tummy time now.

Best

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hi Stacy! Really enjoyed this post. My question is what would you say to yourself or what did you do to change yourself from within? I too struggle with this and have not been as successful as you in changing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my question. I really appreciate your excellent advice - it really motivates me to focus much more on changing my own thoughts/perceptions rather than getting all worked up about the negativity around me. Your response perfectly reinforces the notion that we each have to “be the change” and it’s certainly something I’ve become a lot more conscious of, and interested in, over the last year... And your blog has really helped me with that. :)

Anyway, I'm really grateful you took the time to respond and I'm looking forward to hearing your response to my 2nd question!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Joanne Angelina said...

Hi there! Can't wait for the weekend. Hope you have a fantastic one!

Feel free to drop by my blog :)

http://lepainterstudio.blogspot.com

Suze said...

What a great post. I think I might have to give it a try. Your suggestion, not the tummy time :)

Sondra Rose said...

Stacy~
I have enjoyed your blog off and on since I saw a link to your "The Secret" video a few years ago. I can seriously see you being a life coach (what I do), and/or writing a book based on your blog posts. Bartending is perfect training for being a coach, IMO...

Thanks for all the inspiration --it's so great to see your wonderful pics!