Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Whatever Humps Your Camel

makes me happy.


When I got to the point of yesterday's post it got me thinking about a subject I've written about here a few times before.

The statement, "It's whatever works for you." certainly need not only apply to how one raises their children. In my opinion it could be the mantra for living one's life with peace and confidence.

At the end of the day, NOBODY could possibly be privy to all the nuances of your life that point you in the direction of the choices you make.

While opinions from others are sometimes asked for, and rarely appreciated, by this stage in the game we all know the our decisions are our own - as are the end results.

Hey, I want to make my bed if I'm going to be the one lying in it! Because really, only I know what kind of sheets I like, how much I can afford to spend on them, who I want to sleep on these sheets with, what time I want to get in and out of the sheets, which city, country, or continent I want the bed to be that I'm going to put these sheets on, and finally what I plan on doing with my life when I'm not chillin' on these sheets. Get it?

To be honest, I'm always a little wary of those who are overly opinionated about the way anyone else chooses to live their life.

Aren't we all just trying to do the very best we can with the knowledge and wherewithal we have?

And for fun, if I were to imagine Cashius and Byrdie were discussing this topic is the photo above, this is how I think it might go...

Byrdie - "How is it you spend your day Cash?"

Cashius - "Well, I like to wake up, walk, poop, eat, sleep, repeat."

Byrdie - "Das cool, das cool. Me, I'm all about the eat, poop, walk, sleep, eat, poop, walk, sleep routine."

Cashius - "Right on Byrd. Whatever sizzles your bacon baby. Whatever sizzles your bacon."

The End.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious Stac! Look forward to your blogs every single day! mars

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

That picture! It is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Shelby said...

Oh this makes me smile. We're constantly guessing what Zulu is thinking and I can't wait to have babies for Zu to converse with. Good times.