Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bananas

make me happy



On Valentine's day, five days shy of her six month birthday, we decided to share the love and introduce Byrdie's discerning palate to her first taste of solid food.

More then being proud of The Byrd and myself for making it six months breast feeding exclusively, which I am, I'm even more grateful that the stars, my body, mind, job and lifestyle all aligned to make it possible.

To be honest, for the most part, it has been a joy to do.

Having said that, I have to admit, I did feel a certain amount of pressure lifted from my shoulders as I watched Kevyn feed The Byrd.

As is my goal for any state of affair - solid foods for the baby = a Win/Win situation for us both.

Oh, yeah!

5 comments:

Vicky ADM said...

That's awesome!

Sondra Rose said...

Love the expression on Byrd's face! She's not too sure about the taste, but she definitely wants that spoon!

Meghan (Making Love In The Kitchen) said...

I loved that!

Kate said...

Love it!

Welcome to the wonderful world of food, Byrdie!

Mint Julep said...

So cute! I think she likes it!