Monday, February 1, 2010

My Little Water Baby

makes me happy.



I've got lots of fun pics to post from Evan's Baptism yesterday but, I'm still a wee bit tired from all the festivities so, here's a quick one of The Byrd enjoying her bath.

Eleven years ago, when Kevyn and I went on our first vacation together in Costa Rica, we traveled for probably 10 hours via plane, car and ferry before we landed at our first bed and breakfast on the edge of the ocean, nestled in beside the rainforest at 4pm. Being so close to the equator the sun drops out of the sky right in Costa Rica around 5pm every night, which meant I had exactly 1 hour to get my ocean on!

And that's exactly what I did, hang out in the ocean for 60 minutes, which was about 45 minutes longer Kevyn. I swear Kev must have thought I was nuts as he sat on the beach, all dried off, watching me float around and ride the waves all by myself without a care in the world.

So what does all this have to do with The Byrd's bath? Well, she too could easily hang out in the water for an hour if we'd let her. As much as I don't mind hearing on a daily basis how much Byrdie looks like her daddy, it is kind of cool seeing her behave like her mommy.

8 comments:

backdoordreamer said...

She is so gorgeous! What kind of baby bathtub is that? --very cool...

Mrs. Money said...

I think she's a good mix of both of you. She's the cutest baby I've ever seen! That's a really cool baby bathtub!

stacy said...

thanks guys!

the tub is a 'spa baby - the european style baby tub.'

Mint Julep said...

So beautiful! I too am loving the tub. I might have to look into that.

Anonymous said...

Not to sound totally repetitive here BUT she is gorgeous. I swear it was the first word that came to mind before reading the other comments! And funny enough i saw that tub for the first time yesterday on-line. you're so hip it hurts!! see you tomorrow bright and early. and your writing is soooo good i could picture you frolicking in the costa rican waves perfectly! mars

dirkules said...

here's to water signs and the passion we have for a lovely dip in the largest piece of water we can find :)

...love Maegan said...

cutest little story every. She is adorable and I love that cool tub!

Morgan @ The818 said...

This is adorable.