Monday, March 1, 2010

Feeling Golden

makes me happy.


As you might have guessed, Kev and I spent yesterday afternoon cheering on our boys of winter, the Canadian Men's Olympic Hockey Team, take on the U.S. of A. in the final sporting event of the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.


Anyone else have a blast watching these Olympics?


I know these particular games were even more special to us Canadians as we invited the world over to play and, I for one, was so very proud of the playground we provided.


Above and beyond being the host country, my most very favourite part of any Olympic Games is...


watching humans be the best humans they can be -


on, and off, the ice, snow, or mountain.

Having said that, it did feel pretty fan-f*%#ing-tastic when that golden goal crossed the line, the buzzer sounded, and it was official - Canada was keeping a total of 14 gold medals at home!

video

So, so very proud!

2 comments:

-city-love- said...

the toronto streets were abuzz with horns, hoots and hollars were i am!! as i'm sure they were everywhere in canada at that time!

SarahLevin said...

I've been reading your blog for quite a bit now and while I have just loved reading everything you have to say, I feel as though it's finally my time to leave a comment. I am from Buffalo, we are practically neighbors, and this was such a bittersweet loss to us. We had so much anxiety, it felt so much like we were watching the Sabres play in the Stanley cup and lose, except how could we be upset when our headcoach won a gold medal??? Congrats to Team Canada! It was such a good game!