Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Saying 'Later Biatch!'

makes me happy.


I was shooting an email off to a friend the other day and I mentioned to her how I had so many ideas for video, photographs and posts that I want to do and get up for both this website and The Salvage Gardeners but, was having difficultly making the time.

I'm very clear in my head and with my words that the case is not about an inability to find the time, my time hasn't gone missing, I'm not on a mad hunt for it, I know very clearly what I do do (ha - I said do do!) with it. No, it's that I'm having issues making the time.

The interesting thing is that I'm not beating myself up over the fact. I know I want to do all these fun creative projects, and I'm grateful that the fire and interest to photograph and write are as strong as ever but, I've got a lot on my plate right now and taking care of The Byrd trumps it all.

For me, taking care of The Byrd doesn't necessarily end once she's fed and changed. Rolling around on the floor, singing and counting with my daughter for an hour also constitutes care in my books. So I decided a while ago that guilt is an unwelcome mistress in these play sessions and been banned for life. And with that decision, all self imposed pressures followed her out the door.

Ahhhhh - now that feels gooood.

1 comment:

Suze said...

Good for you. She is growing up so fast.