Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tiny Bubbles

make me happy.


While out for dinner on Saturday night a very generous friend of mine sent over a bottle of 1999 Dom Pérignon in celebration of my upcoming birthday.

I have to tell you - I don't generally drink carbonated beverages. Never in my life have I opened a can of pop and slugged it back, or even taken one big gulp for that matter, thinking it would quench my thirst. Carbonated spring water? Pass. Even my beer I prefer nitrogen based, you know, à la Kilkenny, Boddingtons or Caffery's.

But when it comes to champagne, and those delicate little bubbles, I say... "Let's dance!"

And we did. They we delightful and delicious and I was ever so grateful.


This sexy lady and our other server Kelly continued the royal treatment, spoiling me the entire evening.

While I find my birthday seems to hold less importance to me every year, I'm always incredibly touched when others take it upon themselves to make me feel as special as those tiny little bubbles.

Lucky girl I am.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Lemon Gloria said...

Lovely! It's so nice to be spoiled for one's birthday.

And I am low on the carbonation and like Boddingtons as well.