Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The California Wine Tasting

makes me happy.


So, for the second part of our April 19th 2010, Kev and I jumped on the subway...


hooked up with Rob and not only enjoyed many, many lovely wines from the fine state of California,


but, also enjoyed visiting with...


many,


many,


long time industry acquaintances and friends.

In retrospect, I wish I had whipped out my camera every time I ran into someone we knew but, that would have made this post really, really long.


Now 5pm in the afternoon, we stumble out of The Fairmount Royal York in downtown Toronto with the sun in our face and a buzz in our bones.

(I told you April 19th rocks!)


We spend the next half hour or so walking around, chasing the patches of sun the squeak between the towers Toronto busy financial district.


Realizing the only place that's going to catch the last bit of this gloriousness is a roof top patio.


Any guesses on where we landed?


How about if I pull out and give you a wider shot?

How about if I tell you it's going to get a little nipplely up there once the sun goes down?


Next we jumped in a cab...


and made it over to Trending Town -


Dundas & Ossington.

Which isn't a bad thing - just sayin' is all.


There we grabbed a beer,


and Rob treated us to the most delectable of pizzas.


He says it was for all the homemade bean soup he's enjoyed at our house this winter.


Well you know what I says about that and a day as brilliant as this one?

Thank you.

Thank you very, very much!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love your blog. Your photos are so beautiful and fun. Your pursuit of happiness has paid off, as your posts make me smile every time I read one.

Looks like you had a fabulous day!

The818 said...

Looks like a lovely day!

Manda said...

one of these days I will get an online profile.. in the meantime..
LOVE your blog, love your photographing style, very creative and inspirational. The comment moderator wanted me to write: shilitli...hmmmm I kind of like that, new word! :)