Wednesday, April 28, 2010

These Renovations I Speak Of

make me happy.


So I want to bring you up to speed with these them there renovations that are going on around here.

Let's begin with the current living situation as seen above. Kevyn and I own and live in the house beside my parents.


Because they back on to a park that also has it's entrance beside our home, the houses ended up being the only two on the block.

While the lot shapes may be irregular, the frontage ends up being incredible...


and the backyard,


certainly doesn't suck either.


I have been suggesting to my sister and Sandy for a couple years now, that there is more then enough space for us all to live on these two properties happily ever after.

While they knew it sounded great in theory, it did take us a little while sort out all the, 'Yeah but, who's gonna live where?' questions.

The solution was found by, selling Kelly and Sandy our house, us buying my parents house,


and my parents living in the garage!

Lies. They will actually live in a sunny and lovely, and quite large, in-law suite, which we are building atop of a brand new garage.


Now that you're all up to speed, I'll let the sun set on that load of information today but, stay tuned as I begin hit you with all the really fun designs and details.

Infinitely grateful.

8 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Amazing news! You are living my dream!

i am playing outside said...

The fact that your family will be the only people living on the block, in nice houses and right at a park is so wonderful! Its vey old-fashioned, and I approve SO MUCH!

Sami said...

Wow. This is really great & y'all must be so excited. Just wanted to tell you how envious I am of your amazing relationships with your respective families. My situation is quite different and although it works for us I can't help but be a little wistful thinking about all of that great support on your doorstep. Literally. Congrats!

Kate said...

WOW - you're starting a family compound! :)

Seriously, this sounds very cool! We grew up an ocean away from our extended family, and I think it's really cool that Byrdie and her cousin will get to hang out all the time and have their grandparents so close!

Look forward to watching it all unfold!

Just one question: what made you decide to sell your place and buy your parents'?

stacy said...

thanks for all your positive energy!

kate - it's because we wanted the pool of course ;)

Deborah said...

I love this idea. Love it!

My dad lives in Idaho with his 2nd wife on land with her kids. It just sounds lovely and I wish we all could do that.

Can't wait to see the new apartment for the parents!

Mint Julep said...

That is so awesome! I'd do it but my family is way too large (6 kids) and quite honestly a few of them my drive me nuts.
So anyway, I think that is way cool!

Lemon Gloria said...

I love this! That is a perfect setup! You all must have such a great time together - it's so beautiful to see.