Thursday, May 27, 2010

Choices, Like Wearing Rose Coloured Glasses

make me happy.


Jennie, from Gwen Styles in the City, wrote me the other day to ask - what do I do to happy up on days when the grass might not be so green or the sky so blue.

Great question.


I think I need to back track a little though and tell you all why I find the grass so green and the sky so blue.

Because I choose to.


I approach every moment of life with acceptance and patience yet, in no way, shape, or form, do I believe life is happening to me.


I'm happening to life!


I find peace in my soul knowing that, while the ways of the Universe are mysterious, my reactions to them are not.


Having said that,


time with family and friends,


a walk in the park,


some explosive exercise,


quite moments of gratitude,


a game of cards,


and taking in the magical (& loud) fireworks happening right outside Byrdie's bedroom window, with her on my lap and daddy's arm around us, all go a long way parting any rain clouds I may encounter along my journeys.

1 comment:

gwenstyles said...

Very inspiring! I'm going to take a page out of your book. I'm a very positive person myself as a general rule, but the day-to-day wears me down sometimes. There's always room for improvement. If I can't improve life... I can improve my reaction to it. Because you know what? I LOVE LEMONADE!