Monday, May 3, 2010

Frank's Kitchen

makes me happy.


One of the perks of working in the bar and restaurant industry for as many years as Kevyn and I have is that we are often privy to the knowledge of new openings, of awesome small establishments, well before the general population.

Why?

Because more often then not, we have had the pleasure of working with, or are once removed from, the new restaurateur, or chef, or bartender.


As was the case when Kevyn, Rob and I hit up Frank's Kitchen @ 588 College Street on Saturday night.

Having said that, from our first glass of wine at the inviting bar,


to the unique and savory Amuse Bouche,


to the decadent goose liver,


and ending with a perfectly bitter espresso and homemade chocolate truffles, the superbly splendid experience had very little to do with the fact that I had worked with the owner for many years, other then I knew she and her husband, who is the chef (Frank), would put on a great show.

And they did. And do. And I would highly recommend checking it out before all of Toronto does and it becomes impossible to get a seat.


The other thing that doesn't suck about Frank's Kitchen?


It's directly across the street from my favourite bar, Ted's Collision.


A perfect stop for an after dinner drink.

Now go. Eat, drink and be merry!

1 comment:

Highwaisted said...

amazing! looks soooo good