Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Part Before The Hospital

makes me happy.


Tuesday night was my staff party.


As our work season ended about a month ago,


and I really like the people I work with,


and rarely have the chance to hook up with any of them outside of work,


I was really looking forward to this the little soirée.


With Byrdie fast asleep under the watchful eye of Grandma & Grandpa...


Kev and I were feeling free and easy,


maybe even a little joyful & jolly.


Now I have to tell you, it was long before Byrdie came along that Kev and I learned the art of responsible drinking. Tired of hangovers and bloated bodies, alcohol in our world usually revolves around an after something beer, a fine meal, or a hot tub, and is always enjoyed hand in hand with plenty of water now.


And while I wouldn't say we went nutso on Tuesday night,


I would say that...


one or two extra drinks in this little world of ours... has a very different effect on the ol' bod' then it did five years ago.

Ideas where this is going?

Bet you don't.

6 comments:

justme said...

oh no!

Candy said...

ARE YOU, KEV & BYRDIE OK?

cant believe you left us hanging!
xo

Mint Julep said...

what!?!?!

dirkules said...

Well the title says the Hospital! So... What happened?!?!

Lemon Gloria said...

I know - the title is very worrisome...how can you just leave us hanging?

Suze said...

I hope you're all okay.