Thursday, June 17, 2010

Being The Weeder

makes me happy.


While my gardens have never necessarily been of the manicured kind, I wouldn't say my green thumb is completely purple. After all, one summer I managed to maintain a few swiss chard plants well enough to eat fresh leafy greens all summer long.

Still, Kelly has much more of a talent at it then I. So to nurture that talent I volunteered to be the weeder.

As all the flowers beds looked like the one above I decided my only option was to dig in and turn it over.

I'm not sure exactly what that means but, both my friend Al and Sandy's father Armando, whom both have glowing green thumbs, have used that term when shaking their heads and looking at my garden.


What I took it to mean was, get your shovel deep in there. Flip over the soil. And pull out anything that's not dirt.

And that what they look like when I'm done.

Black gold.


Kelly says it's easy to plant in them now. Which is important.


Cashius thinks it's a cool place to lie. Which is also important.


And I think they are going to look beautiful. Which is important because I plan on eating as many dinners out beside them as possible in the next 2 and a half months.

Canadian summers.

So short.

But terribly sweet.

1 comment:

Kwil said...

Ahhh your backyard is so awesome.
I find weeding therapeutic almost. There's something about getting your hands dirty .