Friday, October 22, 2010

Edison Grace

makes me happy.


As my sister Kelly was set and scheduled for a planned c-section today at 11am,


we thought it made good sense to snap a couple photos of her and the belly yesterday morning.


Yeah well, in retrospect, I got very lucky waiting soon long before taking these pics.


It just never crossed my mind that my new baby niece may come early.


But she did. Not much earlier. Only a few hours really. But early enough for momma to have contraction 2mins apart, be 6cm dialated, and have baby be well down the birth canal before they got her on the operating table.


But at 5:25am, using a little more of a aggressive measures to retrieve her from the canal (resulting in some serious baby bruises that apparently looks worse then it feels), a healthy, 6lbs 7 oz baby girl, joined our family.


We couldn't be happier!

Love you baby Eddy.

* FYI, my sister went into labour on the her scheduled date with both children. Pretty cool, eh?

5 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Yay! Congrats all around!

Darlene in Upstate NY said...

Way cool. Congratulations!!!!

...love Maegan said...

so no c-section required? Fantastic. Congrats to your sister and new cousin for Byrdie

Lemon Gloria said...

Congratulations to all of you! What great news!

Kate said...

New babies make me happy - congrats!