Monday, November 1, 2010

Living Like I'm The Luckiest Person Alive

makes me happy.


Today was one of those days.


One of those days when Kev gets up with The Byrd, gives her a banana, reads and plays with her until I roll out of bed at 7:45.


Kev goes back to bed and I scramble Byrdie a couple eggs, add a cube of frozen swiss chard and broccoli, maybe a cube of frozen roasted buttercup squash, and grate some old cheddar cheese on it for good measure.

Byrdie sits on the counter watching me and saying "Hawt!" every time she reaches for the #3 cast iron fry pan I'm using.

I drink a cup of warm hot water mixed with half a lemon and a 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.


We go upstairs to eat. Grandma and Granddad pop into the kitchen for a visit. Byrdie's face lights up and she plays with her plastic Elvis.


We visit with Tauntie Kelly, Evan and Edison. Coffee is enjoyed. Climbing and chasing ensue.


A morning Byrd nap is had, yoga is done.


The sun shines. Three dogs, two babies and two moms head to the park.

Dad, Kevyn and Rob finish the exterior of the house.


A couple great conversations with some awesome girlfriends.

Baby taking a spontaneous nap on my chest.


Roasting these peppers and pan frying this chicken.

Hot tubbing with Kev and Rob. Sharing fun ideas and eating said peppers and chicken...


gets me I'm thinking, 'I feel like I'm the luckiest person alive.'

And in turn... living like it.

2 comments:

i am playing outside said...

i love how much you love Old Navy. i wish i could send you some coupons or something and save you even more money! hehe

Anonymous said...

I love it... "grated old cheddar cheese for good measure.
Question: What are the benefits of drinking warm water lemon and Cayenne in the morning? I start my morning with chamomile/green tea blend with a 1/2 teaspoon of honey.
Always looking to improve...
BTW luckiest person alive indeed.
Cheers to the good life.